Paradigm Consultants, Inc.
Job Description: NICET II
- Inspect construction activities in accordance with established quality procedures and evaluate compliance with project plans, specifications, shop drawings and other project related documents
- Prepare and submit accurate, legible, comprehensive and complete testing and/or inspection reports on a daily basis in accordance with established quality procedures
- Review plans, specifications, general notes and shop/working drawings for assigned activities prior to performing assigned duties
- Perform field tests on materials and completed work using standard methods established by AASHTO, ASTM or other agency with appropriate, properly calibrated testing equipment
- Solve mathematical problems requiring simple addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division and raising numbers to exponential powers. Round to the correct number of significant figures, calculate percentages, read graphs, and use simple geometric definitions and formulas
- The safe utilization, storage and maintenance of all documents and tools
- Safe usage and maintenance of individually assigned company vehicle and field equipment including use within company policy
- Carry out assigned duties in accordance with established procedures
- Meet directed priorities and deadlines
- Maintenance of certifications at the time of employment or obtained during employment
- Collection, preparation and transmittal of samples to laboratories
- Graduation from high school or GED certification. Usually possesses 5 years experience in construction inspection or NICET Level II certification. Related experience and/or education may be evaluated to substitute for on the job experience
- Shall possess a valid driver’s license within the applicable jurisdiction and meet firm’s auto insurability requirements
The following certifications and training are preferred:
- Completion of Troxler Manufacturing or equal radiation safety course to utilize nuclear gauges
- Completion of State specific Technician Training and Certification Program (TTCP) for applicable testing/sampling procedures, or ability to complete within 6 months of employment
- ACI Field Testing Technician Level 1
Working knowledge of:
- Construction inspection procedures and specifications
- Materials testing procedures
- Basic Mathematics
- Personal computers and the use of applicable software.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing to communicate problems, status of work, daily reports, etc.
- Lift 60 lbs.
- Move 100 lbs.
- Work under exposure to inclement weather conditions
- Read and understand plans, specifications, instructions, labels, reports, etc.
- Travel to project sites and maneuver over rough and uneven terrain
- Prepare and maintain records, files, and reports
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external personnel.
- Use hand tools such as sledge hammers, shovels and picks
- Follow verbal and written instructions
- Present a professional appearance to best represent the firm
- Wear personal protective equipment
- Comply with all attendance requirements as noted in most current edition of Corporate Policy Manual
- Performing tests on materials in the field to determine acceptability.
- Works outside and is subject to weather conditions
- Potential exposure to equipment movement hazards and dangerous chemical/solvents if proper safety procedures are not followed
- Exposed to noise, dust, fumes, radiant and electrical energy
- Works on ladders and scaffolding
- May work protracted or irregular hours
- Flexibility to work irregular hours due to client needs (i.e. other than 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and/or other than Monday through Friday.)
- Work related responsibilities require travel out of town client offices and/or project locations.
Must pass a drug test prior to employment and will be subject to post-accident, random, and reasonable cause testing during employment.
If you feel you meet these requirements, please email your resume to: email@example.com