Nondestructive Testing and Evaluation
Nondestructive Testing and Evaluation (NDT&E) techniques are often necessary for the assessment of critical components and systems that must be tested without damaging their structural integrity. Visual inspection is the simplest version of nondestructive evaluation; however, complex problems often require the use of advanced solutions (e.g. impact-echo, ground penetrating radar, ultrasonic testing). NDT&E methods can be used to:
- Assess the strength of the concrete
- Locate flaws in concrete (cracking, voids, honeycombing, delaminations, etc.)
- Determine thickness of a concrete slab or wall
- Locate concrete reinforcement, pipes, conduit, and post-tensioned tendons
- Measure bond strength of coatings on concrete, steel, and concrete repair materials
- Detect corrosion in concrete
- Evaluate moisture content of concrete
- Inspect welds for cracking, inclusions, and incomplete penetration
- Check structural steel for thickness and laminations
Paradigm Consultants, Inc. has experience developing and implementing nondestructive test methods specifically for the evaluation of concrete, building materials, and structural systems. Our NDT&E services provide unique solutions to challenging problems, benefiting contractors, designers, and engineers.
Paradigm has a team of full-time NDT&E specialists that are trained and certified in accordance with American Society for Nondestructive Testing recommended practice SNT-TC-1A. NDT&E services are conducted in strict compliance with our own in-house quality system developed to comply with the requirements of ANSI/ISO/IEC 17025 and ANSI-N45-2.